The finish on our 2015 Cruiser RV travel trailer (the tan/brown color) is totally faded to the point it looks really awful. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how did you fix it?

Contact with the manufacturer said since it was 3 years out of warranty they wouldn't do anything -- but I have been complaining about this for at least a year! Likewise our local dealer isn't willing to help get this taken care of. You would think that something that costs as much as these trailers would hold up better!

Is there a class action suit out there somewhere? The problem seems to only be with the front cap (for now anyway).

Product or Service Mentioned: Cruiser Rv Rv.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 14, 2017.

Comments

We purchased a 2014 Cruiser RV Radiance , and have stored it indoors for 6 months of every year and we also have a fading front cap ( was a pretty brown, now it is severely oxidized ). We were also turned down by the manufacturer for this repair.

Carbon, Alberta, Canada #1334085

We have a 2013 Viewfinder Signature and our front cap is fading to (grey in colour) and we thought it was just ours as we have it out and facing primarily to west. We have tried waxing and polishing it and nothing seems to work.

It looks great once it done, then once its dry it looks horrible.

We will NEVER buy another RV from Cruiser RV.

We are now having electrical issues. So we are looking for information on how to fix that or if there is a recall or something.

Parlier, California, United States #1319443

Same with mine, color in front faded away, I had to buff it out to restore the color, plus outside kitchen fell apart, had to take it completely apart and reinstall it with extra support,had problems with lighting, air ducts for the heater, water lines leaking, cable wires lines,bunk beds where the screws that hold them were falling right off the wall but luckily I knew how to fix everything

Renton, Washington, United States #1316414

I also have a 2015 Cruiser RV travel trailer and have had the same issue. I have washed it regularly and live in the Northwest (mild temps with rain and sun, but not extremely hot and very little freezing).

I first noticed the fading at the top edge after a year and a half. Now after two years it's migrated half way down the cap. At the lot where I store it, there is another Shadow Cruiser from the same year and it has the same problem. My assumption is that it is just cheap material and finish.

That would be par for the course with the entire trailer. It's not covered by my warranty, but I will be contacting Cruiser.

Minnesota, United States #1274318

Too little information to draw any kind of conclusion. Did you perform even minimal maintenance on the unit e.g.

wash or wax it 1 x a year?

What climate are you in? Etc, Etc.

Sorry, need more info to use this as anything other than a "it is in my opinion..." which you know are like :)